Monday, July 03, 2006

Postmarked: April 5 1996
To M in smalltown Kansas from E in Portland Oregon


M -
I had today off from my new job (good Friday being the reason) at a paint ware house which in the end is a better job than cleaning basements and probably pays better but to be honest I have no idea what I am being pad for this job. According to the temp service I won't be making less than $5.50 so at least it is not less than my basement job. I seem to be doing rather well financially though. It is not a week into the month and I have already saved my rent for next month. Perhaps I should buy some furniture. At least a bed.

The only thing I dislike about the job is that working with numbered boxes that need to be organized does not leaves ones mind as open to the brain spelunking that I have enjoyed t my other jobs

I went to the Green Room, where N works, hoping to catch her there but to no avail. Unless I can find her there sometimes I will have to wait for another chance meeting.

April 6 1996 Thank you very much for your letters and the books. The three of them came in two days and I was quite thrilled. L (still the only person I have met here) seemed desperate to borrow the Egyptian Love Poems but since she told me this I have not been able to reach her. I am having terrible luck finding people lately so it has mostly been working, a little writing a lot of reading and visits to the coffees hop and grocery store for me.

I did discover today though, that D is moving to Boston with one of her boy friends so V is looking for a roommate now rather than a tenant and has asked me if I would like to share the house as well rather than just rent the room (after a small rent adjustment) and I think that I will do this since I have felt quite intrusive since I moved in. Also, D, no longer having any use for her bed, has offered it to me after she moves out. So it seems that this week has resolved problems for me both physiological and psychological for me.

That you plans for travel are going well is wonderful news and if you should need somewhere to stay hen you arrive, it looks as though I may be in a position to offer one soon. I would advise against my motivational tactics of last year; waiting absolutely stagnant until boredom puts any risk into favorable perspective.

My mind is feeling numb to me. I should probably rest. With all my love I wish you the best of luck.
-from E in Portland Oregon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home