Monday, July 03, 2006

Postmarked: June 10 1997
To M in Kansas City from E in Portland Oregon


M -
Lately I have begun to feel that I am losing sight of all the important facets of my life. Not through any injustice or victimization but through my own weakness. I do exaggerate sometimes but if I have in the first sentence, the second I certainly did not.

Most painful to me is the thought that I have taken our friendship for granted having done very little to keep in touch with you. I haven't entirely forgotten. I did call a few times but they were all when you were gone. With this letter (if I don't call first) I plan to end my negligence. God knows you're the only one who ca stay in touch with me.

This last trip to Kansas was the first time I can remember feeling that one part of my life has ended. If not my youth then the first part of it. Everything I have seen the people I saw people and the things that they had done up until now coming with the end or to consequence. Among other examples, J has a well paying desk job!

I was very happy for you to hear about the show that you sold. If the photography you sent me is any indicator f the pieces in the show I can easily understand its success.

Muriel! I'm living in a cheezy Gen-X soap opera. I won't relate it all now because it's a hideously long story as it is and all of my pens are rather running out of ink. Having been forced to listen to a few personal dramas myself, I know they're about as entertaining as watching a soap opera with a scrambled picture.

I should be moving back by the end of this month or early next month. Either way I would like to stop by and see if you're still around. If not, tell me all about Ithaca.

Still you friend, with deepest love, E.
P.S. Van Morrisson just hasn't been the same without you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home