Monday, July 03, 2006

Wednesday 5:30 am
M -
I got your letter a couple of days ago The always seem to arrive when I am in most need of their company. Thank you again.

Well, it's 10:00 pm on Thursday now. I decided to go to sleep yesterday so I didn't get very far. A few days ago I was told, by him, that J was going to move to Tennessee and that he was to leave on a bus Wednesday (Yesterday), and remembering what would have been a four hour layover in Joplin when we rode the bus, and I told him that I could take him that far. The details of this story would be uninteresting since nothing happened beyond us driving to Joplin saying goodbye and leaving, him on a bus, me in a car. I was happy that he was going though because he is trying to save money for college and won't have to pay rent when he gets there. Also, he'll only be gone for four months. I did tell him that you said hi, he says hi as well.

My teeth were not replaced the dat I believed they would be. Instead, on that day, the numbed my face, made me bite a piece of purple urithane, and told me that they would call me and sent me home. I hope this doesn't delay my plans to leave too long, which have changed somewhat.I have decided on my trip lasting only slightly less than a year. The reason for this is that I do want to go to college sometimes and if I were to move to Colorado I would have to stay one year to become

a resident - avoiding out of state tuition - and another year until I am twenty-one so that college loans would be easier and although I would not mind waiting two years, I would much rather have the choice. Also have decided - though not solidly, I still amy just move - that rather than staying in Colorado that I would like to travel in that time. A year would give me some time to do this and I would not lose residency in Kansas so I may still come back and go to school in Pittsburg or possibly somewhere else in the state. I do believe I will be happier with this. Colorado is a beautiful place but I have always wanted to see more of this country as well as others and after thinking about it, I realized that Colorado was just way of attaining what I truly desired in a simple and a most impatient manner. I would be escaping some of what left me dreamlessly disenchanted here but what would I gain? I would have done nothing of what I wanted save simple action to lose what I didn't want and honestly after living here for nineteen years - all my life - I do love some things about it. So what a terrible misjudgment of my nature to simply move somewhere else. I didn't fully realize this until I started writing about it to you now. So I suppose I'll be many places next year, to answer the question from your last letter. I'll try to keep a place where I can be reached. I don't think I could sacrifice hearing from you for a year. Well thank you for the opportunity to figure that part of my life out. Tell me if you think I'm just overreacting. Love E.

PS I was happy to hear you are writing again even if it took such drastic means. I have always respected such realizations. Although they often seem abstract I suppose this is far more real than anything that might seem so. I hope I might have the strength for such things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home