Tuesday, July 04, 2006

March 14 1996
M -
I do not remember what I had accomplished by the time you called me so at the risk of redundancy: I have found a job working at a temporary service which has me cleaning the basement of a flood damaged craft store, a but menial but not too stressful and I shall finally be paying rent without withdrawing any of the money I had saved in Pittsburg.

It appears that by moving into Valerie's house I have also inadvertently moved within two blocks of what has been called "the cultural hub" of, at least, the southeast of Portland, this being Hawthorn blvd. with coffee shops fully sprouted from the walls of every theatre, bookstore and gas station on its sidewalks ad enormous panes of glass used to their fullest against any spt here one might otherwise run the risk of not being seen. I may mock it a bit but it is not as abrasive as I might make it sound and actually is a quite wonderful place to lie, the area being quite accommodating and the people often aggressively friendly, although I do not care to completely assimilate myself into its rhythm just yet.

I heard that you shall be spending some time in Pittsburg soon, assisting he direction of a play was it? A told this to me when he called this week and also said that J was playing the lead role in the same play Bus Stop I think, I also heard, from Jennifer when I finally saw her again, that you were thinking of spending some time in Portland eventually. This makes me very happy of course but I hope that your plans for Asia are also going well.

(line omitted)

Today feels like a very normal day so far. Yesterday was a bit odd; my landlady, Valerie, threw a break-in-the-new-tv-with-a-pay-per-view-Tyson-fight-and-lots-beer party but I, not caring for beer, boxing, or Valerie's friends from work, managed to escape the event. I did get a call from P that day and wit the calls I had received from my parents and A I had more to tell her about Pittsburg than she had to tell me. Also unusual was the number of calls I had this week, no more than I have already mentioned but until Friday I had heard from no one in at least a month. I did speak to L as well. She had just broken up with her boyfriend of three yeas so she was feeling quite melancholy. I think she is blaming it on astrology.

I discovered today that while I am not making an incredible amount of money, I am living well within my means having saved next months rent by the 15th without sacrificing food or the occasional fringe. I did o to a party at someone's house in the far southeast which was swelling with people all of whom seemed modernized hippies with very little deviation from this theme except for me and the four people I arrived with. A bit large of a party for my tastes but as it had been quite some time since I had been at a party of any kind I did enjoy it.

All being said I hope this reaches you before you leave for Pittsburg.
Love and singularity -E

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home