Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Postmarked: January 25 1997
To M in smalltown Kansas from E in Portland Oregon


M- I got the magazine in the mail only a few days after sending Valis, but I did send it to N before a week passed. I can understand why you would identify with him. Although I don't as much myself (which is not to say that the article bored me, I thought it was fascinating) I might have thought of you had I just read it by accident as much as what he has done sounds like what I have heard you talk abotu for years.

I've been trying to write this for far too long now. I eel bad that this is my second letter to your four so I hope that I finish this one. Since my car broke down I've been having to leave for work at 8am and then, taking it home, I don't get back until 8pm. This, though I won't blame it entirely, has left me with a potent lack of motivation. I have been writing a little which seems to be a good measure of how I'm doing overall. You know how sometimes in the Sunday comics, the color is printed a few millimeters off of the black line drawings? That's how I feel.

"I Heard it Through the Grapevine" just came on in Common Grounds and I remembered sitting around in J's room, when we were in middle school, listening to this and the Beastie Boys on J's turntable and him rapping in perfect sync with a Dj Jazzy Jess 45, "....rock-n-rolla, coca-cola...." Well I've got my nostalgia to run off of for a while.

K and I finally made it to another open mike together I think that we might see each other quite often except that we never seem to be able to get ahold of each other. I keep leaving messages and Valerie keeps telling me "some guy named K called"

I finally kept a pen until it started failing so now I'm using my dip pen set.

About the film you mentioned in your letter; I would love to be involved in any way you would like me to hope. If I do come up with any ideas for it I'll either write to you about them or I'll tell you when I visit on February 3-10.

I can't thank you enough for the leters. I often feel that you've been the only focal point giving me some kind of perspective to hold into. So that I don't just forget the last 19 years of my life.

I wan to mail this now so I don't leave it to collect dust and irrelevance. See you in a week.

I love you, E

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home